Re: Airspy HF+/Spectrum Display/Receive Antenna

Rick Tavan

You can drive the HF+ from the IF Out port of the K3, leaving the RX IN connection available for an actual RX antenna. I tried this successfully but eventually reverted to the RX Ant loop. You don't suffer the 3 dB sharing loss but I think you have to specify different IF offsets when you change modes. I'm not using an actual RX antenna. I suppose you could use both an HF+ connected to RX Ant OUT and an actual RX antenna connected to RX Ant IN but I haven't tried it.

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 8:00 AM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

I would like to be able to use a receiving antenna on my K3 while also using the spectrum display of N1MM+.  I assume from the manual's discussion of using the HF+ that it *must* be used on the Ant Out/Ant In loop of my K3.  That suggests that I either have to choose one or the other or cascade splitters and accept the 6+ dB of loss.  Am I missing something?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network

Rick Tavan