Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Michael Walker

Hi Pete

I agree.  the RBN should be removed.

As well, the other 2 were never in the 'shipped' version of N1MM that I can tell, so if they got into a list, they had to be manually added.

What are their addresses?

Mike va3mw

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

A couple of caveats - this list lacks a couple of longtime stalwarts, W9PA and W3LPL.  There are probably a number of others.

Also, the list includes the RBN's Telnet feed, which is intended only to provide spots to DX clusters that wish to connect.  To keep up with the volume, the servers behind this address have been stripped of all filtering, so you will miss out on some very useful capabilities if you connect directly to the RBN.  Please don't!  You don't want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back during CQWWCW.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/25/2019 10:50 AM, John Webster wrote:
Many, many thanks.

John
NN1SS

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:15 AM Michael Walker <va3mw@...> wrote:
Hi All

I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.

This is what works:

If you want to fix this.

  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
  3. Edit Telnet List
  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you know the work
  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
You now have a very clean and workable list.

Mike va3mw