Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Michael Walker

Thanks Larry

It is just a lot of typing for anyone else to try.  You don't have to do it in N1MM.

 I found it faster to use Windows command prompt.

Open a command prompt, type in Telnet and then use the 'open' command.

Example:

open va3mw.dxcluster.org 41112       <--- (you can't use the Colon : that is in the N1MM format)

If it times out, it is dead Jim!

Someone who is quick with Python could script it to check as well, which would be ideal.

I also did NOT test anything that had a hard coded IP address,  I did test 10 of them and none worked, so I deleted the rest.  :)  Sorry if that was you.  If you need a DNS hosting, I can help you out.

73, Mike va3mw

p.s. It is nice to know what works.  I think last year ve7cc had a failure for a bit.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:34 AM Larry K8UT <K8UT@...> wrote:
Mike,

THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email attach)

And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25" download file.

While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"

Thanks again,

-larry K8UT