Help for beginner needed

Brad Anbro

Hello all,

I am new to N1MM and am looking for instruction on how to get started correctly. I successfully downloaded the
N1MM program to a Windows 10 Pro desk-top machine and was wondering how to best interface it with an
older Yaesu FT-1000MP (early model) HF radio and a WinKeyer USB keyer.

For cables, I am using a serial-serial cable with which to connect the HF rig to the computer and an ordinary
printer cable to connect the WinKeyer USB to the computer. Is this the best way to go about hooking up these
components? Or should I be using something else, instead of what I have?

Also, does anything need to be done in the menu of the FT-1000MP for communicating with the computer?

Thanks in advance!

73,
Brad, N9EN/4
Bluff City, TN