Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] K3 intermittently forgets to transmit even though FT8 has gone into TX mode

Hi Gary..

If WSJT is open control the frequency for within WSJT. If you change the frequency in N1MM and it is not the frequency that WSJT is expecting it will drop the TCP connection. WSJT wants full control of the radio and if it doesn’t have full control things goes out of wack really quick. I tell users that is you have WSJT or JTDX open place the WSJT window over the entry window that’s it is associated with in N1MM. That way you won’t be tempted to do anything in N1MM. If you have WSJT open in one entry window the other entry window should be allowed to work other modes as WSJT has nothing to with it. There was an issue I corrected the other day which will be  in the next release where when WSJT closed the DigitalMode variable that is used within the logger to keep track of what digital mode the logger should be in was not being cleared and set to 0 when WSJT closed. This has been fixed and should allow switching to other modes (CW,SSB) much easier.

73 Rick N2AMG