Re: IC-7600 N1MM+

Larry K8UT

Dennis,

Can you explain:
>I use N1MM+ as my contest logger, but keying everything by hand
Does this mean you do not intend to use the N1MM Function Key messages and macros from the program, and that you will send all of your CW "by hand?"

If Yes, what "by hand" type of device are you using? Straight key? Bug?

If No, what keying method do you plan to use? N1MM supports several - the most popular being a keying circuit connected to a serial port or a Winkeyer connected to a serial port. You can read about both of these methods here:

Do you have another keying circuit from the PC to the 7600 - aside from the USB cable used for CAT and CODEC? You described other software that successfully keys the radio - do it use a serial Push-To-Talk (PTT) circuit somewhere? That same serial port could also key the radio.

-larry K8UT