Re: Blank waterfall

ve3ki

While the FT-991A has a front-panel spectrum display, looking at the CAT reference manual I have not found a way for the radio to convey spectrum data to a computer. In the absence of some way to send spectrum data via the CAT control path, it looks to me as if you will need additional hardware (an external SDR of some kind) to generate spectrum data that a computer program (like N1MM+) can use.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 12:12 PM, <kb3fkh@...> wrote:
May I ask for clarification on how to get it working?

I have the latest version (at least as of earlier this week) of N1MMLogger+ installed with a Yaesu 991A connected.  The frequency in the lower right corner tracks correctly, but the spectrum display is blank (see screenshot).  Granted that I am kinda a newbie to this program, but I can't figure out why I don't see anything.

Spectrum Source:  Other radios
Associated Radio:  Radio1 (my FT-991A)

Thanks.

image.png