Re: N1MM Crash due to bad Audio Config

Patrick Herborn

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 07:30:10 -0400
"John Bednar via Groups.Io" <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Pat,
Hiya John!

Post your function key text.
Since we don't use function keys on this machine, the function key
text will be as per installation default (ie we haven't changed it).
I won't have access to this until Thursday night - but presumably
the fact we haven't changed it should help in the meantime.

Were you in S&P or RUN mode?
This was in S&P mode. The only time we went into Run mode last night
was after the event, as a testing thing, where I tried function keys
to see if they, like Insert, could crash N1MM+ and indeed they could.
Once the audio was configured to a dummy device (ie not one connected
to the rig or outputting an audible level of sound) it was possible
to hit F keys - this included F1 which then put N1MM+ into Run mode.

I expect that ESM was enabled.
I don't recall having enabled ESM, so unless it's a default setting
then it wouldn't have been enabled. I should perhaps have stated that
N1MM+ was being used purely as a logger for a VHF SSB contest (though
we do use the spectrum, bandmap, check, log and mults/squares windows).

Please confirm.
I can do that, but not until Thursday.

John, K3CT
Best regards,