Re: ESC key not killing repeat CQ message

Chuck Dietz

I had trouble with this all weekend, but it was due to losing focus on N1MM by clicking on something in another window. Many times I didn't remember doing this and thought maybe it was due to the length of time the CQ went. I have a USB keyboard which might have something to do with it. I wish that the focus would automatically go back to N1MM at appropriate times.

Chuck W5PR

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 7:23 AM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

I used repeating CQ quite a bit during CQWWRTTY and didn't notice any anomalies with the ESC key - hitting it either during transmissions or between them stopped the CQing equally well.  Windows 10 Pro

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 9/30/2019 4:31 PM, ve3ki wrote:
Not sure whether this is the same thing, but ... my recollection is that when you turn repeating CQ off, one more CQ still gets sent, and it's only after that one last CQ is sent that the repeating CQ stops. Also, there may be a difference in behaviour between hitting Esc while a CQ is actually being sent versus hitting Esc during the empty time interval between CQs.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 04:22 PM, Tom Owens wrote:

Windows 10 Pro

N1MM running with no other programs running (no virtual ports programs, no NaP3, etc.).

In CQ WW DX RTTY had the same issue as others reported – pressing ESC when in ESM mode would NOT kill the automatic CQing.  Neither would pressing  Alt+R.  Had to go into Config and unckeck Repeat CQ box.  Then when staring repeat CQ it worked for a while and then did the same thing.

Now, in setting up for CQ WW DX SSB Contest, I am experienced the same thing.  This time however I am only running 10 watts into a dummy load and the problem still persists so it is not an RF problem.

Observations:

It doesn’t seem to matter whether you start the Repeat CQing by pressing F1 (repeat CQ) or pressing the ENTER KEY.  Both start it going.  Sometimes ESC stops it like it should.  Other times it does not.  There doesn’t seem to any repeatable pattern but when it calls maybe 10 or 15 times (as when no one answers the CQ) it won’t stop.

Today I found that when switching to S&P and then back RUN finds N1MM still calling CQ.  However, pressing ESC then does kill the repeat CQ.

Not sure if this is a bug or what is going on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom, K7RI