Re: SO2R with 2 sound cards?

ve3ki

The original question did not specify the mode. The programming is done separately for digital modes (in the digital engines) vs. CW/SSB (in N1MM+ itself). With respect to voice modes or CW receiving, if you are using Logger+ audio there are three different choices for the soundcard: a single soundcard (mono), which relies on external switching to route audio to the sound card; a single soundcard L/R, which uses a single 2-channel (stereo) sound card with each radio routed to its own channel in the sound card; and two soundcards (mono), which uses a separate sound card for each radio.

In digital modes, the various digital engines each have their own sound card selection configuration settings, so they can be configured either to share the same data stream for diversity decoding, or to use different data streams for SO2R and SO2V. The two channels in a single stereo sound card can be used for different data streams, so it is not necessary to have separate sound card devices. Alternatively, different digital engines can use separate sound card devices (Windows can support several sound cards in the same system.)

There is no requirement for a KVM switch.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 01:46 PM, K7IU - Marv wrote:
Now that I think of it, I am sure its possible since I know of people who run 2 different RTTY programs with N1MM during RTTY contests.

Marv k7iu