Re: Help needed for Setup for WW Digi contest with WSJT-X, IC7300 and N1MM+

John Bednar

Knut,

There are many IC-7300 users without an issue.

When you have a failure, turn the VFO knob and look at the Bandmap frequency bar to see if the program is communicating with the radio correctly.

Make sure disable the Windows USB port powerdown.

Don’t rule out the possibility that RF is causing your issues. I had to wrap the UBS cable five turns in a #31 mix torriod.

If there is a USB hub in the path, eliminate it temporally.

If you have something plugged into the CI-V jack, unplug it temporally.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Knut Meland
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:06 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Help needed for Setup for WW Digi contest with WSJT-X, IC7300 and N1MM+

I have spent several hours today to get N1MM and WSJT-X set, using an USB cable between PC and IC-7300. The funny thing is tat this works intermittently. I might work for a QSO or so, and then no more PTT, as you describe. 

The radio works OK when running WSJT-X standalone. 

There might be an error in N1MM settings. I have set in Config>Hardware:

Speed 115200, N,8,1, Always Off, ALways Off, 94, 1, 15, PTT via Radio Command SSB Mode, PTT via Radio Command Digital Mode, None, Normal..
Running SO1V. Nothing else set in Hardware settings.
When i start WSJT-X from within N1MM and try to tune, using the WSJT-X Tune button, PTT operates for a second, showing SPLIT in IC-7300 display, but just a second.

In short periods I had the WSJT-X operating, but then SPLIT appeared when TRX waqs keyed and went off when in receive. That happened never before when running WSJT-X standalone.
A little frustrating to know that others with same hardware and software have this operating OK. A more detailed description might help. 
73 de Knut LA9RY

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.