Re: Help needed for Setup for WW Digi contest with WSJT-X, IC7300 and N1MM+

Knut Meland

I have spent several hours today to get N1MM and WSJT-X set, using an USB cable between PC and IC-7300. The funny thing is tat this works intermittently. I might work for a QSO or so, and then no more PTT, as you describe.

The radio works OK when running WSJT-X standalone.

There might be an error in N1MM settings. I have set in Config>Hardware:

Speed 115200, N,8,1, Always Off, ALways Off, 94, 1, 15, PTT via Radio Command SSB Mode, PTT via Radio Command Digital Mode, None, Normal..
Running SO1V. Nothing else set in Hardware settings.
When i start WSJT-X from within N1MM and try to tune, using the WSJT-X Tune button, PTT operates for a second, showing SPLIT in IC-7300 display, but just a second.

In short periods I had the WSJT-X operating, but then SPLIT appeared when TRX waqs keyed and went off when in receive. That happened never before when running WSJT-X standalone.
A little frustrating to know that others with same hardware and software have this operating OK. A more detailed description might help.
73 de Knut LA9RY