Re: Icom IC-7100

John Bednar

Michael,

I don’t believe that radio has a USB computer interface so you will need a CI-V interface.

Should be as simple as selecting the COM port that the CI-V interface is connected to, the radio model, and setting the COM port parameters.

The bottom of the COM port window contains suggested settings.

Often the Icom radio auto-baud feature does not find the correct baud rate. I recommend setting the radio menu to use 19200 baud and use that in the N1MM Logger radio com port setup.

If you are using an unpowered aftermarket CI-V interface you will likely need to set DTR and or RTS to Always On to provide power to the interface.

John, K3CT