Unable to Obtain a Functioning Second WSJT-X in SO2R

Tony Gasperino

Using V1.0.7900, I am unable to obtain a second instance of WSJT-X FT4 operating correctly in SO2R. When I open the first instance of FT4 in either Radio 1 or Radio 2, the CAT connection, Tune and Enable TX all work as expected, as long as the target radio has TX focus. If the radio has only RX focus, then the Radio receives OK, but when FT4 TX is enabled, TX occurs on the other Radio (with no RF), which has the red TX dot. If the N1MM TX dot is at the first FT4 radio, all works as expected.

Now if FT4 is working correctly on Radio 1 entering FT4 on Radio 2 brings up the Error Message below along with the FT4 Main Panel, Waterfall, Decode List, and Radio Connection window. However, there is no CAT connection or Tune/Enable TX operation, only active Receive.

So I end up with one Radio with an active FT4 and the other Radio with an inactive FT4. Either Radio can end up with the working FT4, as long as it is the Radio on which FT4 is first opened. Opening the second instance of FT4 results in the Error Message.

I’m using 2 TS590s, a YCCC SO2R+ Box, WSJT-X V2.1.0, and a Windows 7 (Z400 Quadcore) machine.

Last week, using N1MM V1.0.7870, I had FT4 working on both radios, although to shift FT4 TX from one radio to the other, the N1MM Entry Window TX focus had to be shifted to the other radio also.

I’m not versed in Windows NT to understand what the Error Message means and thus troubleshoot the problem. I’m wondering if the SO2R box has some role in this issue. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to remedy this problem.

73, Tony, WS7V

N1MMLogger.net - Version 1.0.7900.0

Built: 8/13/2019 11:13:14 AM

Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1,64:1,en-US,en-US

Error occurred at: 8/14/2019 4:34:32 PM in Thread:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at N1MMLogger.Net.WSJTRadio.RadioTCPListening() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\WSJTRadio.vb:line 115

Call Stack before the runtime error: at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at N1MMLibrary.SharedLib.CallStackString() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Library\Classes\SharedCode.vb:line 89

at N1MMLogger.Net.SharedCode.HandleError(Exception e, String PortName, String Info) in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Modules\SharedCode.vb:line 186

at N1MMLogger.Net.WSJTRadio.RadioTCPListening() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on. .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Forms\WSJTRadio.vb:line 150

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)