Re: Loss of radio 2 control with ver 1.0.7900

John Bednar

Gary,

This is the only report.

> Something got changed with the K3 code in January around Ver 1.0.7467.

The radio control class changed Dec 12, January 13, and April 9. I look at every change and there were no changes to the K3 radio control. I also checked the radio commands and there were no K3 changes to the commands.

Install an old version and see if you notice a change.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary Hembree
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:07 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Loss of radio 2 control with ver 1.0.7900

Lew,

I upgraded my K3 SO2R N1MM+ setup to 1.0.7900 this morning and got a RTE when I tried to run WSJT-X from Radio 1.  Closed that instance and was then unable to open WSJT-X again until I closed and reloaded N1MM+.  However, I got the same RTE every time so I reverted back to 1.0.7883 and my setup is working normally.  When I have a chance I’ll document the RTE and file a bug report.  Too many other more pressing matters at the moment.

Something got changed with the K3 code in January around Ver 1.0.7467.  N1MM+ now has trouble following band and mode changes with multi-mode, multi-band logs with my SO2R K3 setup.  I haven’t take the time to do extensive documentation of this bug but just work around it.

Gary, N7IR

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:45 PM

Subject: [N1MM+] Loss of radio 2 control with ver 1.0.7900

Upgraded to ver 1.0.7900 from Ver 1.0.7883 and got an error when loading WSJT-X from inside N1MM+ on radio 2 only.  No frequency communication between radio 2 and N1MM+.  I did not get the run time error documented as I thought the problem was 2 new security updates that had just been run through Windows 10. I deleted the Windows updates and went back to Ver 1.0.7883 and things are back to normal.
Anybody else have radio 2 problems between N1MM+ and WSJT-X with Ver 1.0.7900?   Should I go back and recreate the run time error so that the coder gurus know what happened?
    73 and I remain,
    Lew     w7ew

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.