From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Walter Miller, AJ6T
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:55 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] Version 1.0.7870.0 Errors in 222 and Up Contest

I ran into some problems using N1MM+ scoring for the recent 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest.  If you make duplicate contacts with a rover in the same 4-character grid square (but different 6-digit grid locator), you are supposed to use only the QSO with the largest distance.  However, N1MM+ tallied all of the QSOs, including any such dupes.  That improperly inflated the score.  To make the score correct, the operator must manually remove the dupes.

In addition, the multipliers are listed for 6m, 2m and 70 cm.....but this is a 222 MHz and up contest.

I also noticed that the distances computed by N1MM+ are slightly different from those computed by the bearing/distance routine on the PingJockey website  That also results in different final scores depending on which calculator you believe.  I suppose that situation will come out in the wash when the ARRL applies their own distance calculator to the Cabrillo file.

73, Walt, AJ6T