Re: can the 7300 share the USB comport with rig control and rtty keying?

Rick Ellison

It will work CW and AFSK with one cable. That is how I have mine setup. With the filtering in the radio AFSK is just as good as FSK. Just set the radio into USB-D or LSB-D depending on how you want things for RTTY. I have the radio sending on the RTS line for PTT and CW on the DTR line. Just switch to CW mode and your all set to send cw.

73 Rick

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jamie WW3S
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:56 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] can the 7300 share the USB comport with rig control and rtty keying?

Thanks Rick....do you know if the 7300 will do cw/fsk via the one cable without splitting it?

On Jul 18, 2019, at 11:46 AM, Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Jamie..

There is a document on the website explaining how to setup things with the 7300 and other Icom usb driver radios. Here is the link to it..

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/n1mmwpfiles/Download/Additional%20Support%20Files/IcomUSBCodecInstructions.pdf

73 Rick N2AMG