Re: Tab / Space behaviour on VHF contests

Michael Walker

I agree.

In a contest I have always used 59 or 599 and to the best of my knowledge, I have never lost a QSO due to that.

Serial number or some other info?  yes

Mike va3mw

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 4:37 PM VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...> wrote:
Honestly, nobody cares about a real signal report in any contest I've ever entered.  VHF incl)
If I ever rec'd one (I suppose I get 1 per contest), it still gets filled in as 59 or 599 and
nobody has ever lost a QSO. (the sponsors aren't checking your 579 against the received 559 reports, so far as I know)

IMO, you should reserve your real signal reports for on the air real weekday QSO's, not contest QSO's where the 59 or 599 is a mere place holder or a "get ready" (for the real exchange), which is normally a grid square in most VHF contests.

Maybe it's a lot different in EU or the UK, but . . . .

GL

Mike VE9AA...VHFer for decades