Re: N1MM Rotor

Michael Walker

I appreciate that some of you are new to the world of Com/Serial/RS232 ports.  Sadly, they have been around forever and it would be great if the Radios staring using a newer technology (oh, like TCP/IP) instead of 1/2 century old com ports. LOL

======================================

This might be more helpful.

You may also have to go find and delete stale com ports   https://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/removing-hidden-com-ports/

Once you have deleted some of the ones you no longer require, you can do this:

My serial device requires a specific COM port to function, how do I change this in Windows?

Some serial devices require a specific COM port number to function. In these cases, consult the manual of your serial device to determine the correct number to use.

To change the COM port number of a serial device in Device Manager, complete the following:

  1. Open the Device Manager by pressing the Windows Key + R. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
  2. Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
  3. Right-click the COM port and select Properties.
  4. Click the Port Settings tab and click Advanced.
  5. Change the COM port number to an available COM port number.

Note: Multiple serial ports cannot share the same COM port number.

  1. Restart your computer.

Note: Even if you change the COM port number back to the original number, you still need to restart your computer.

Mike

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 4:55 PM John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Tom,

Assign a COM port to the Green Heron COM16 or less.

John, K3CT