Re: N1MM Rotor

Michael Walker

I appreciate that some of you are new to the world of Com/Serial/RS232 ports.  Sadly, they have been around forever and it would be great if the Radios staring using a newer technology (oh, like TCP/IP) instead of 1/2 century old com ports. LOL

======================================

This might be more helpful.  

You may also have to go find and delete stale com ports   https://www.rttycontesting.com/tutorials/removing-hidden-com-ports/ 

Once you have deleted some of the ones you no longer require, you can do this: 

My serial device requires a specific COM port to function, how do I change this in Windows?

Some serial devices require a specific COM port number to function. In these cases, consult the manual of your serial device to determine the correct number to use.

To change the COM port number of a serial device in Device Manager, complete the following:

1. Open the Device Manager by pressing the Windows Key + R. Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
  2. Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
  3. Right-click the COM port and select Properties.
  4. Click the Port Settings tab and click Advanced.
  5. Change the COM port number to an available COM port number.

Note: Multiple serial ports cannot share the same COM port number.

1. Restart your computer.

Note: Even if you change the COM port number back to the original number, you still need to restart your computer.

Mike

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 4:55 PM John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Tom,

Assign a COM port to the Green Heron COM16 or less.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Owens via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 2:20 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] N1MM Rotor

New Windows 10 machine, trying to get N1MM Rotor working with Green Heron controller. Have to use COM39, suggested by Jeff at Green Heron, to make the computer communicate with the Green Heron device. N1MM Rotor won't connect to COM39, only up to COM16...any suggestions?

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.