Re: PTT Problem with Winkeyer USB and Mixed Mode Contests

Gary Hembree

PTT locked on is caused by multiple PTT inputs to the K3.  Solution is to reset the K3.

Gary, N7IR

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] PTT Problem with Winkeyer USB and Mixed Mode Contests

Ron,

I made the mistake this weekend when switching from FT8 to CW/SSB not placing the program back into CW or SSB mode. Closing the FT8 window doesn’t sent a new mode to the N1MM program.

I don’t think tapping the CW key is expected to cancel a voice message. Pressing the ESC key will cancel a voice message that is played with the N1MM audio player. I think what you describe is a K3 internal DVK feature.

PTT is locked on is typically caused by RF. If it was a N1MM software issue there would be many reports in a single weekend.

John, K3CT