Re: Problem setting up wsjtX-rc5 under N1MM umbrella

Rick Ellison

Lee..

I received those 2 images fine. I would like to see one of N1MM open and the WSJT Main window open together.

Also On the Mode tab in the main N1MM config do you have the mode set for PSK correctly as the one you would use if you were using the radio in WSJT if it was setup without N1MM??

73 Rick

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee Clayton
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 12:10 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Problem setting up wsjtX-rc5 under N1MM umbrella

Looks like attachments did not go correctly. Will redo in about an hour and resend

On May 31, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Lee Clayton via Groups.Io <2thkeeper@...> wrote:

Attaching two files.  I too Rich have gone through the instructions you posted several times..  Nothing changed from what I originally had.  The only way I fet ANY radio change is to set it for Rig/USB on bottom right.  I open up the larger Multifunccion meter under the radio spectrum scope.  When I enable TX I see the word SPLIT come up kbetween the Main/Sub VFO;s and when radio attemst to Transmit the meter is on the left of the screenand it switches to the right side during receive.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO Power out or ANY other changes on any meter other than just changing sides.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 2:04 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Jim.

With N1MM open and WSJT-X open open the WSJT setting window and click on the radio tab. Take a screen shot and send it to me direct as an attachment..

If the radio is working correctly in N1MM then you do not need to change the baud rate in WSJT-x at all There are 3 settings on the WSJT radio tab you need to set. I should be able to see what is wrong when I see them all open togeather.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Shepherd
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:54 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Problem setting up wsjtX-rc5 under N1MM umbrella

Hi,

I have followed those instructions and re-checked them several times and I cannot transmit FT8. It appears that the WSJT-X window is not controlling the radio.  I can see the waterfall, but no transmit nor can I change the frequency/band from the WSJT-X window.

Looking through the setup, when I set WSJT-X to use the DX Commander as a 'radio' it shows a baud rate of 4800 which I cannot change. N1MM and all other software that I use with my K3s runs at 38400. Do I have to change everything to 4800 baud to make this work?

I am using a USB cable to connect the K3s to my computer and have no other software running on a Windows 7 computer.

Help!

Jim Shepherd, W6US

Virus-free. www.avast.com

<WSJT settings in N1MM.PNG>

<WSJT Rreorting.PNG>

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.