From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ERIC OLSON
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:11 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Experimental Version Better integration between N1MM and WSJT-X/JTDX

Rick,

I loaded the latest update (7687) which has this WSJT interface incorporated in it and I love it.  Thank you thank you!!  No more shutting down N1MM+, opening a manual version and then WSJT.

Question: is the WSJT-X program still in control of PTT when running this way?  I.E. I still can’t use my Winkeyer USB for PTT?

[Rick Ellison>] No WSJT sends a message to N1MM and tells it when to go to PTT. I’m not sure why the Winkey would not work. As long as it was working previously in N1MM it should continue to do now.  When I get a chance I will pull my winkey out and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Observations:  Modes switch as expected when entering them into the callsign field and the DI window for RTTY and WSJT-X open/ close as needed but when switching from FT8 to CW or SSB the radio changes but WSJT-X is still running.  I have to close the Radio Connection window to make it stop.  Not requesting anything here (unless the fix is really easy) but just noting what happens.

[Rick Ellison>] I’ll take a look at this this week and see why. It won’t be in this week’s build unless I can find it later tonight.

Entering JT65 or MSK144 does nothing so guess the only hot switch is “FT8” in the call field.. Assume the mode can be changed in WSJT-X and will log the same in N1MM?

[Rick Ellison>] For now I have only setup FT8 and FT4 I will add the other modes when I get a chance. I was hoping for a way to put WSJT into a certain mode when it loads but that didn’t seem to make an impression on them… Any mode that is logged in WSJT should log correctly in N1MM let me know if it does not…

But very smooth.  Wish I had a way to run some experimental VHF contest contacts and see how it logs.  Not until June…

Thanks again!

Eric N7EPD