Re: LPT port bi-directional? #n1mm

Larry K8UT

Rene

No. It is not possible to operate today's LPT ports bi-directionally. Older motherboard-based ports were bi-directional, but not today's PCIe cards and USB-to-LPT adapters. N1MM's LPT/BCD antenna selection is a one-way message sent to external devices.

>So when selecting the band the correct BCD code has been sent to the interface

Where do you select the band? In N1MM? On your radio? somewhere else? If you're selecting somewhere else, that info does not flow upstream to the logger or the radio.

You might want to consider using TCP/UDP packets if you want bi-directional input and response when changing bands. Take a look at the design for Band Decoding and Remote Antenna control in my freeware FreqEZ program.:

www.hamprojects.info/freqez

-larry (K8UT)