Re: Bad cw(uneven spacing)

Girard Donald

Hi John, I am using DTR and RTS and virtual com port so no connections on usb port for cw. Somehow the radio anan 10-e is acting up now. May have to redo set up. Previous messages were perfectly right... as I increase the speed it gets worse... to be continued...

NB: it used to work fine.....

Thanks

Donald
VE2IR

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 3:59:44 a.m. GMT, Girard Donald via Groups.Io <girarddonald@...> wrote:

Thanks to all of your ideas there are very appreciated, now it used to  worke fine. As most mentioned about timing and part of the computer being busy, I will definetly looke that way and in fact now that you mentioned it, it all make sense......... to be continued......

Donald
VE2IR

On Friday, March 15, 2019, 1:35:39 a.m. GMT, John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct@...> wrote:

Girard,

Are you using a USB to COM port converter? The converters that use a FTDI chipset work well for sending CW. The Prolific chipset based USB to COM converters have long latency and are not suitable for sending CW.

If you are using a FTDI converter with a USB Hub, bypass the hub. Connect the converter directly to the computer.

John, K3CT