Re: Send msg to operator

Fred - NA2U

Here, Geo:

5.1. Messaging

Frequently, in a multi-op situation, there is a need to communicate to other operators without shouting acrss the room. For this purpose, there is a Talk function, which can be used either one-to-one or one-to-many. It can be invoked in several ways:

  • Ctrl+E
  • The Talk button on the Actions tab of the Network Status window
    • either of these options assumes you want to send a message to all stations, so it enters an "*" to denote that your message will go to all stations.
  • Right-clicking on a line in the Stations tab of the Network Status window.
    • Doing this will open the Talk window and enter the computer name of the station you clicked on.

In either case, you need to be sure and type a space before you begin your message, to keep the program from misunderstanding your message as part of the computer name.

You'll note that the Talk window stays open until closed by clicking on the "X" at upper right. However, if you right-click in the window, it brings up a menu with a single self-explanatoryoption, "Enter moves focus to Entry window".

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On Nov 23, 2018, at 11:52 AM, GIWagner@... <giwagner@...> wrote:

Please remind me what kbd command to use to send a msg to my other op.  I have done it in the past, but now drawing a blank, and can’t find it in the docu!

73, George, K5KG

George I. Wagner

Sarasota, Florida