Re: SntNR 001 twice

'Zaba' OH1ZAA

Hello Rich!

Thanks for the great clarifications! It is certainly difficult to
write software for a public (mis)using it in many various ways and
with a vast pallet of equipment. My problem listing these issues
earlier, is that I am running many contests SOSB with parallel
call signs on other bands, and for that I am running Win-test
in parallel, as N1MM+ is not keeping track of the own call sign
change with a band change (in this case a log change). Win-test
binds a call sign with a new log upon log init. Due to this
multi-tasking I was many times not sure afterward whether I had
issues with N1MM+ or Win-test. Now with some years of use I am
pretty sure things I write here are related to N1MM+.

Recently I read also here that changing logs is fast in N1MM+
with the Alt + F + number sequence. It helps but I have to
configure the station call sign as well separately.

Please someone check it but I have NEVER seen a change in the
total score summary during the last two years in the lower right
corner of the box during or after a re-score. It only shows the
new score after completely shutting N1MM+ and firing it up again.

OKOMDX CW is now OK, I made some comments about it in today's
other thread. It took multiple steps to get the old log right.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA

P.S. Some extra's:

NRAU10M displays the wrong modes: the right ones are
CW / SSB / FM / RTTY for subsequent hours

Also it complains I am logging on the wrong band, even
while having 28 MHz set as band, and it requires a lengthy
confirmation process for doing it (the logging) anyway.

ve3ki kirjoitti 16.11.2018 15:02:

I have put some suggestions in line below
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 04:15 AM, 'Zaba' OH1ZAA wrote:

Hello Jaan, Steve and Barry!
MWC nor Minitest has a multi-op sub-class. What I may have done is
log the first QSO with the wrong mode or band, then correct the
issue,
and subsequently go for QSO No. 2, however it was displaying 001 for
the
serial as well...
>>> Did you do a Tools > Rescore Current Contest after editing the
first QSO? I can't say for certain, but I believe this might have
fixed it.

Other issues with N1MM+:
It still does not re-score in a way immediately visible to the
operator.
One has to close the program first, and then the score has been
updated.
>>> You do not have to close and reopen the program. Just go to the
Tools menu and select "Rescore Current Contest".
You should do this any time after making changes (importing from
ADIF, or editing contacts in the log).

Recently upon initiating a new log N1MM+ suggests an initial date 3
- 5
days off. Formerly e.g. the CWops CWT date and time were coming up
exactly
right, but now it is not the case.
>>> The CWT dates/times are a problem, because there are three CWTs a
week, two of them on the same UTC date.
What it does depends on when you set up the CWT log - before the
first session or in between CWT sessions on a single day.
Often I find that it initializes the start date/time to the
following week, as if this week's CWTs were all completed after the
first one.
Checking and if necessary editing the start date/time is a routine
part of my CWT preparation.

OKOMDX-CW was still rated at 10 points per QSO, but the rules say 1
point.
>>> I believe Les responded to this.

Maybe a cache flush for several parameters would be good when
initiating
a new log. Mostly a call sign logged in a previous contest is shown
above
the field where the new call sign is to be logged (when starting a
new
log).
>>> That call sign in the frame comes from the Bandmap window.
If you switch logs when there are two contests at the same time,
you might not want the bandmap to be
cleared just because you were logging the next contact in a
different contest log.
You might want to just log that one contact and then switch back
to the first contest with the bandmap intact.
The choice is left to the user.
If you do want to start a fresh bandmap, right-click in the
Bandmap window and use one of the "Remove Spots" menu items.

After running the VHFNAC on 432 MHz last Tuesday, the band in the
CWT-test
was marked as 420000... my fault, I did not choose the band... but
it is
HF-contest, so maybe a reminder could be displayed to choose the
right
band?
>>> If you are using a radio that is interfaced to the program for
rig control, this happens automatically.
If your radio is not interfaced, it is up to you to tell the
program what frequency and mode you want it to log.

Otherwise I have been running N1MM+ as a stand alone logger (not
wired
to radio).
Thanks for all your efforts, N1MM+ is a great tool!
Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA
Jaan, SM9X kirjoitti 16.11.2018 09:56:

Hello Barry and Zaba
I'm running single op, and the issue with double SntNR 001, has
been
notices in at least two Revisions.
My plan is to write down all steps and see if I can capture the
fault.
This week I did run MINITEST and the day before I prepared the two
databases one for 80 meter and the second for 40 meter.
I started to load the 40 meter test and got the issue. When the
next
contest started, 1 hour later on 80 meter, the issue didn't
occure.
Hope to come back with some detailed analysis on how to reproduce
the
fault.
regards, Jaan
SM9X