Re: SntNR 001 twice

ve3ki

>>> I have put some suggestions in line below

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 04:15 AM, 'Zaba' OH1ZAA wrote:
Hello Jaan, Steve and Barry!

MWC nor Minitest has a multi-op sub-class. What I may have done is to
log the first QSO with the wrong mode or band, then correct the issue,
and subsequently go for QSO No. 2, however it was displaying 001 for the
serial as well...
>>> Did you do a Tools > Rescore Current Contest after editing the first QSO? I can't say for certain, but I believe this might have fixed it.

Other issues with N1MM+:

It still does not re-score in a way immediately visible to the operator.
One has to close the program first, and then the score has been updated.
>>> You do not have to close and reopen the program. Just go to the Tools menu and select "Rescore Current Contest".
>>> You should do this any time after making changes (importing from ADIF, or editing contacts in the log).

Recently upon initiating a new log N1MM+ suggests an initial date 3 - 5
days off. Formerly e.g. the CWops CWT date and time were coming up
exactly
right, but now it is not the case.
>>> The CWT dates/times are a problem, because there are three CWTs a week, two of them on the same UTC date.
>>> What it does depends on when you set up the CWT log - before the first session or in between CWT sessions on a single day.
>>> Often I find that it initializes the start date/time to the following week, as if this week's CWTs were all completed after the first one.
>>> Checking and if necessary editing the start date/time is a routine part of my CWT preparation.

OKOMDX-CW was still rated at 10 points per QSO, but the rules say 1
point.
>>> I believe Les responded to this.

Maybe a cache flush for several parameters would be good when initiating
a new log. Mostly a call sign logged in a previous contest is shown
above
the field where the new call sign is to be logged (when starting a new
log).
>>> That call sign in the frame comes from the Bandmap window.
>>> If you switch logs when there are two contests at the same time, you might not want the bandmap to be
>>>  cleared just because you were logging the next contact in a different contest log.
>>> You might want to just log that one contact and then switch back to the first contest with the bandmap intact.
>>> The choice is left to the user.
>>> If you do want to start a fresh bandmap, right-click in the Bandmap window and use one of the "Remove Spots" menu items.

After running the VHFNAC on 432 MHz last Tuesday, the band in the
CWT-test
was marked as 420000... my fault, I did not choose the band... but it is
HF-contest, so maybe a reminder could be displayed to choose the right
band?
>>> If you are using a radio that is interfaced to the program for rig control, this happens automatically.
>>> If your radio is not interfaced, it is up to you to tell the program what frequency and mode you want it to log.

Otherwise I have been running N1MM+ as a stand alone logger (not wired
to radio).

Thanks for all your efforts, N1MM+ is a great tool!

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA

Jaan, SM9X kirjoitti 16.11.2018 09:56:
Hello Barry and Zaba

I'm running single op, and the issue with double SntNR 001, has been
notices in at least two Revisions.
My plan is to write down all steps and see if I can capture the fault.
This week I did run MINITEST and the day before I prepared the two
databases one for 80 meter and the second for 40 meter.
I started to load the 40 meter test and got the issue. When the next
contest started, 1 hour later on 80 meter, the issue didn't occure.

Hope to come back with some detailed analysis on how to reproduce the
fault.

regards, Jaan
SM9X

Links: