Re: Compound Calls and Dupes

Skip

KE1B/M [all the M's belong to the UK], KE1B/AM [AM belongs to Spain], and KE1B/PM [PM belongs to Indonesia] would seem to be non compliant.  Apparently the FCC's "don't care bin" is bigger that we think. [:-)  KE1B/P is apparently compliant as the P's are split between countries and always have a letter or digit following.  KE1B/MM is open for discussion ... Mxxxxx is the UK but you're not supposed to be /MM unless you're in international waters and not subject to the FCC?

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 11/2/2018 2:33 PM, David Sumner wrote:
Beats me, Rich. Repeaters are not relevant to N1MM+ but of course VHF contest rovers are.

I suppose this falls into the very large "the FCC doesn't care" bin. As a practical matter there's not much chance of confusion.

Dave K1ZZ