Re: Compound Calls and Dupes

Dave Sumner

Beats me, Rich. Repeaters are not relevant to N1MM+ but of course VHF contest rovers are.

I suppose this falls into the very large "the FCC doesn't care" bin. As a practical matter there's not much chance of confusion.

Dave K1ZZ

On Friday, November 2, 2018, 5:04:16 PM EDT, Rich Seifert <ke1b@...> wrote:

On Nov 2, 2018, at 9:40 AM, David Sumner <sumner@...> wrote:

[snip]

(c) One or more indicators may be included with the call sign. Each indicator must be separated from the call sign by the slant mark (/) or by any suitable word that denotes the slant mark. If an indicator is self-assigned, it must be included before, after, or both before and after, the call sign. No self-assigned indicator may conflict with any other indicator specified by the FCC Rules or with any prefix assigned to another country.

While I agree with you, what about all those repeaters that sign WR6ABC/R? That would seem to indicate portable operation from Russia.

Rich KE1B