From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Dougherty
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 18:37
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] N1MM+ CAT issue with HF AUTO TUNER in SO2V dual VFO mode

Hello All,S
Earlier today I was in the process of doing my final testing for the contest and an issue cropped up that I can't figure out.

It involves N1MM+ only in SO2V mode (with both VFO A and VFO-B entry windows open) and the control software for the HF-AUTO tuner. No other logging app does this, just N1MM, so I'm guessing it's a setting within the logger. It does NOT do this if only one entry window is open, or in regular SO1V mode.

Here's what's happening:

I have the antenna tuner software set to use CAT control to poll the radio for the TX VFO frequency. When the entry window for VFO-B is open but VFO-A has focus every few seconds the tuner reads the VFO-B frequency and attempts to move the L/C network to the VFO-B settings. You can observe the VFO-B frequency showing up in the HF-AUTO Tuner software. One second later, the tuner moves back to the VFO-A frequency, waits a few more seconds and repeats the cycle.

Likewise if I'm on VFO-B, the tuner will briefly attempt to move to VFO-A, in exactly the same manner as above, only reversed. This is 100% repeatable. Since I require a tuner on 40 and 80 phone, this means I can't use SO2V in CQWW on those two bands. Is there ANY way around this?

---------
73 - Go FRC!