There is no penalty for dupes that are scored as dupes (zero points) in the IARU contest, although Chuck has pointed out language in the rules that is obsolete now that paper logs are a thing of the past for serious competitors.

Dave K1ZZ
IARU Secretary

On Monday, October 8, 2018 9:43 AM, N6KW Chuck Miller <aluxkw@...> wrote:

As always, there are caveats...the IARU contest exacts a three-QSO penalty for each dupe, and may disqualify a log for more than 2% total dupes. Most of the time, though, there's no penalty, and N1MM doesn't count dupes in the score, so just work 'em.

73, Chuck N6KW

On 2018-10-08 06:09, Jim W7RY wrote:
ALWAYS WORK dupes.

You are not In MY log.

Always work dupes.  Takes less time to work one than argu about it.

73 jim w7ry

Sent from my wireless communicator

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018, 8:06 AM Albert Burnham <k6rim@...> wrote:
K3WJV, Bill:

I remember the dupe issue with you in CQP.

Also use N1MM.

In CW contesting (and almost always) I leave the CW filter to 300 cycles.

I know that many contesters believe that it's best just to work dupes and move on. Maybe I should start doing that.

Sorry about the issue - and thanks for the Qs!

73,

Al, K6RIM