Re: LoTW

Skip

I've only done it once, I think I used the .tbk method, and I think it brought over all the station locations too.  I had a HD failure once, and managed to recover my certificate using the .tq6 file.  Since LoTW is a "Once In, Never Out" DB, I wonder how long it will continue to be viable?

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 10/2/2018 2:38 PM, ve3ki wrote:
According to the tQSL help file (and consistent with my own experience), a .tq6 file will only work in the computer it was created on. It cannot be moved to another computer. To move a certificate to a different computer, you need to save it to a "certificate container" (.p12) file on the first computer, or else save all of your certificates, preferences, etc. en masse to a backup (.tbk) file. You can then transfer the .p12 or .tbk file to the second computer and load your certificate(s) from it into tQSL on that computer.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 04:58 PM, Skip wrote:
Dave:  The <callsign>.tq6 file is your certificate.  Save it to a USB stick or networked computer and you don't have to redo the TQSL certificate shuffle with LoTW.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 10/2/2018 1:33 PM, Dave Sublette wrote:
this time I used my Mac computer and everything went smoothly.  My previous experience was with a PC.  It didn't help that I have lost two computers over the past few years and each time, the TQSL thing had to be redone.