Re: N1MM Plus with K3 changes K3 DATA SUBMODE unexpectedly

Mike Flowers

I would look to RFI on the CAT control cable.    I have macros on my PC that change data submodes, so if you have RF on that line, no telling what the K3 will do.

73 de Mike, K6MKF - Director & Past President, NCDXC

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 9:29 AM Richard Dievendorff <dievendorff@...> wrote:

I’m an RTTY noobie and I thought I’d try a few QSOs in CQWW RTTY.  It was kinda fun.

I noticed that my K3’s DATA sub mode sometimes changed unexpectedly. This happened several times, and then it would be find for long periods.

N1MM+ version 1.0.7290

Windows 10 64-bit, 32 GB RAM, i7-6700K @ 4.01 GHz

CQWW RTTY

K3 with KIO3B, USB A to USB B cable from PC to K3, combining radio control, using the sound card in the K3.

K3 MODE DATA, Data Mode AFSK A (at least that’s where I started). No intervening software.

K3 MCU 05.62

SO1V

No port sharing

RTTY: MMTTY, AFSK, VOX (no PTT or FSK).  VOX went off when the radio jumped from AFSK A to PSK D.

Mostly it worked OK.  But sometimes the K3 changed data sub modes unexpectedly.  I’d manually change it to AFSK A and watch it change right back to FSK D.  I changed it a few times and then it would stick.

Is there an N1MM+ setting or MMTTY setting I’m missing?   I expect this is a cockpit problem.

TU!

73 de Dick, K6KR