Re: Icom 7610 and EXTIO

Jamie WW3S

And that was my original question....any advantage or disadvantage to extinguish vs cat?

On Sep 7, 2018, at 9:54 AM, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:

... and on top of that, you could even choose to feed the N1MM+ spectrum display from Waterfall Bandmap instead of directly from the radio. There would be a cost, in terms of both CPU time and USB bandwidth used, although with a current computer that might not be an issue - but what I am wondering is whether there would be any improvement to be gained by doing this versus simply using the CAT spectrum output directly.

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 09:16 AM, Steve London wrote:
An even better option is to use Waterfall Bandmap with the 7610 ExtIO (https://groups.io/g/waterfallbandmap/topics). It gives you a bandmap that resembles the N1MM+ bandmap, with both the waterfall display and with plotting of received spots.

73,
Steve, N2IC