re the Usb power down question.  Not heard of this one and not sure
where or how to find that feature.

73, Pete, N4KW

On 8/23/2018 8:31 PM, John Bednar wrote:
Pete,

Look at the end of the LogError.txt file. It is in the MyDocuments\N1MMLogger+ directory. The length and string received are logged.

If you don't understand the data, direct email me the file.

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of N4KW Pete
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:19 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Invalid CAT Data

Hi John it's the 5000.� I also use DXLab and there are no issues with
CAT when using that software.� This has only recently appeared while
using N1MM.� I will go ahead and try some chokes on my USB cables and
see if that stops it.� I am using hardware control.
I was hoping that N1MM might have some kind of error file that might
tell me what exactly it was seeing.� DXLab has that feature and it sure
is a very good tool.
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

73, Pete, N4KW

On 8/22/2018 10:10 PM, John Bednar wrote:
Pete,

If hardware flow control is recommended in the manual, make sure you have the interface configured for hardware flow control.

Could also be caused by RF.

I am guessing it's a Yaesu radio, FT-2000 or FT-991?