Re: WAEDX - Slow Entry

Dave Sumner

One of the N1MM team would be in a better position to comment, but I think the issue (to the extent there is one) is that QTCs are more demanding of computer resources than most contests. I had no problems with about 1300 QSOs. My shack computer is old but I minimize what else is running on it during a contest.

Dave K1ZZ

On Monday, August 13, 2018 10:07 AM, ShelbyK4WW <shelbyk4ww@...> wrote:

As this was my first, ever, participation in the CW portion of this contest, the only problems I experienced was directly related to the operator, and unfamiliarity with N1MM! I was very impressed at the ease of sending QTC's, and even more impressed with the operators that were on the receiving end. In the 34 QTC's sent, I doubt if I had more than 3-4 repeat requests.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 7:48 AM, GIWagner@... <giwagner@...> wrote:
i also noticed an occasional delay when sending QTCs.  When the delay happened, and it was not every time, it happened when sending time or the call sign, It would hang up for a fraction of a second, or maybe even for a second.  Sometimes this delay distorted the time or call sign such that the receiving station had to ask for repeat.

Any ideas as to why this was happening?

73, George K5KG

--
73, Shelby - K4WW
As I don't have an iPad nor iPhone, sent from my PC