Re: Log window frequency precision

Dave Sumner

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:56 PM, Jim N7US <jim@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

That did it!!!  I had to restart N1MM+ to make it effective (I just guessed at that).

It’s really strange, as I had never been in those settings, and it used to work OK.  Maybe a Windows update?

I wonder if that change might affect something else.

I don’t know how you came up with the solution, but I’m glad you did.  Thanks!

73, Jim N7US

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Sumner
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 21:15
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Log window frequency precision

Jim, this happened to me last year. The fix required going to Windows Settings and going through the following screens:
Time & Language
Region & Language
Additional date, time, & regional settings
Change date, time, or number formats
Additional settings
Number of digits after decimal (change from 0 to 2)

If you get to that last step and the number of digits after the decimal is shown as 2 already, your problem must be different.

Good luck!

73,
Dave K1ZZ

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:13 PM, Jim N7US <jim@...> wrote:

Sorry, John, I forgot to mention that I did.  The problem isn’t caused by too narrow a column.

The frequency is being stored to two decimal places, but it’s being rounded to the nearest kHz in the display in the log window.  I can select the contact and chose the option to return the frequency, and it returns to the exact frequency, not the rounded one being displayed.

73, Jim N7US