Re: Allow access to com 1 port from N1MM FIXED

g3rxp.dave

Hello John, et al

Thank You again for your help and Im almost back to normal operation.

I decided to forget about the RS232 network when I checked the SPE amp and the steppir manuals
and found that they both will accept the Ci-V interface connections(as well as rs232). So I have daisy chained
everything from the remote socket at the back of the rig to all the units and Bingo (english term) everything worked fine.

The things that confused me. Thats almost everything.

First of all the remote socket requires a menu option saying link to remote but when I did that the normal rtty and FSK
stopped working -so I set the baud rate etc then switched it back to unlink from remote and It worked!!! 

Also the speed of the remote and normal baud rate would not work at 115200 so I had to reduce the speeds to 19200 and 9600
then everything worked Ok. (It does say in the Icom comms manual that both speeds are dependant.

Thanks everyone for all your help Ive learnt a lot about the ic 7610.

Dave G3RXP

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 22/07/2018 01:19:51
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Allow access to com 1 port from N1MM

Dave,

I have config setup as -port 4 rig IC7610 and Port 5 for RTTY PSK

If these are the two virtual ports for the IC-7610, this is all our software needs.

You can not configure Logger+ to output radio communications data on a COM port.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of DJ MASON via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 8:14 AM

John,

My setup is 7610 with 2 virtual ports (rig control and digital) and that is working fine with N1MM on its own but I have no RS232 connection to steppir and SPE amp.

The main setup is running USB virtual port CI-V protocol - I have added another connection on the socket on the back of the rig (CI-V) normal protocol but at slow 9600 baud

just for RS232 - see below.

I use logger32 for normal logging and with their virtual port controller for the steppir I can set COM 1 on my PC to work with that window and I tick in setup "Frequency obtained from logger" This provides an output on my Com1 socket (yes its an old style PC) which I can then work fully automatically with all the RS232 network.

In N1MM:

I have config setup as -port 4 rig IC7610 and Port 5 for RTTY PSK etc, and if I add com1 to that config table and add the rig IC7610 again it says that I need to list the rigs as one and two for SO2R. I run SO2V here and it is now getting too complicated. hi.

CT17 Icom interfaces seem to be all USB output so IM not sure how I can progress with that.

problems with some CI-V - RS232 adapters is they rely on DTR to supply power to the unit - this stops CW working, as DTR is on all the time

Sorry for the long winded mail - but all I need to do is OUTPUT rig data on COM 1 socket like a bridge. Can this be done?

73 Dave G3RXP

------ Original Message ------

Sent: 21/07/2018 12:26:08

Dave,I can't understand what you are asking.

If you want to move a current radio config to another, click on the com port dropdown and simply change the com port.

John, K3CT

-------- Original message --------From: "DJ MASON via Groups.Io" <g3rxp@...> Date: 7/21/18 5:00 AM (GMT-05:00) To: N1MM+ <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Allow access to com 1 port from N1MM

Running one cable from rig to PC (7610) and I would like to copy the rig

info

to Com 1 port which I would like to use for RS232 control (Steppir and

SPE amp).

I have added COM 1 to the config but I cannot add the rig twice in the

setup

Any way of doing this?

Dave G3RXP

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.