Re: Allow access to com 1 port from N1MM FIXED

g3rxp.dave

Hello John, et al

Thank You again for your help and Im almost back to normal operation.

I decided to forget about the RS232 network when I checked the SPE amp and the steppir manuals
and found that they both will accept the Ci-V interface connections(as well as rs232). So I have daisy chained
everything from the remote socket at the back of the rig to all the units and Bingo (english term) everything worked fine.

The things that confused me. Thats almost everything.

First of all the remote socket requires a menu option saying link to remote but when I did that the normal rtty and FSK
stopped working -so I set the baud rate etc then switched it back to unlink from remote and It worked!!!

Also the speed of the remote and normal baud rate would not work at 115200 so I had to reduce the speeds to 19200 and 9600
then everything worked Ok. (It does say in the Icom comms manual that both speeds are dependant.

Thanks everyone for all your help Ive learnt a lot about the ic 7610.

73

Dave G3RXP