From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Egan
Sent: May 13, 2018 9:24 AM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Use of USB ports

I will be part of a small DXpedition to HQ9X for the WPX CW contest.  Since the laptop I'm bringing has only two working USB ports and I do have a powered USB port extender, what's the best way to set up the ports?

I have to connect:
USB radio cable (for an IC7610- audio codec also used)
USB cable for Winkey
USB port for wireless mouse

Since I only have two working USB ports, the USB port extender will require the use of one of the USB ports.  Obtaining a new laptop is not an option.

What should be plugged directly into the radio, and what should be plugged into the USB hub?  Does it make a difference?

Dennis W1UE