Re: Odd behavior with my TS-990S

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:07 am, Robert J Chudek wrote:

I have a real oddity going on randomly with my installation of N1MM+ and TS-990S. Most of the time I leave my laptop/MicroKeyer II/TS-990S turned on for days or weeks without shutting anything off. I might park the radio on 40m or 20m CW and leave it unattended. When I come back hours later, or the next day, the radio and N1MM+ have switched into PSK mode "all by itself!" It has never switched while I have been sitting there or using the equipment.

There's no harm done, I just click the band/mode in N1MM+ that I want to operate and everything works fine.

I am running Windows 10 Pro. This is not the case of MS downloading an update and turning over the apple cart (I've experienced that). I can't tell whether it's the radio, MicroKeyer II, or N1MM+ that initiates a mode change behind my back!

Is there a utility that will monitor/record the commands being exchanged between the radio and laptop? It would be nice to capture the event that initiates the mode change. This behavior began a few months ago and has not changed with recent N1MM+ upgrades.

Any ideas what might be going on?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

--

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

 Bob,

Have you tried isolating the problem by leaving the radio on but closing off N1MM+?

--
Gerald, VE1DT