Re: IC-7700 in RTTY going back to USB

Knut Meland

John,

Thanks! Had to change the setting in Config > Mode Control

RTTY to RTTY fixed the problem. It was RTTY to USB.

73 de Knut

Knut,

Telnet spots often do not include the mode. When this occurs the program assigns a mode based on the user programmable frequenc to mode. I expect the program “assigned SSB mode” to some spots. This explains why the radio changed. You can hover over the spots in the Bandmap and the tool tip will indicate how the mode was assigned.

There are several ways to correct what you experienced.

-          Set the frequency to mode mapping correctly. This will assign a mode you like to the spot when it is not included in the comment. I expect this was not set correctly.

-          Tell the program that you do not want the radio mode to change with the spot (Configurator, Mode Control tab).

John, K3CT