Re: N1MM+ and MMTTY and MMVARI

ve3ki

Are you expecting to use FSK or AFSK with MMVARI? It sounds as if you have selected FSK in the Configurer under the Digital Modes tab in the section for MMVARI, and that you have set the FSKPort type to EXTFSK, and that is what is opening EXTFSK. If that's what you want to do, OK - but I have a suspicion that there is a bug here. EXTFSK writes the port number to its ini file, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it is trying to write that file to the Program Files folder and failing (because Windows won't let programs write to files there). If my suspicion is correct. you aren't going to be able to use FSK with MMVARI unless and until Rick N2AMG can find a way to fix this so that the EXTFSK dll can successfully write to its ini file. If my suspicion turns out to be correct, perhaps you are the first person to have tried to use FSK from MMVARI since N1MM+ was released(!). On the other hand, maybe I've misdiagnosed the problem...

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:23 pm, Mike Flowers wrote:

Hi Gang,

Still getting into the setup of N1MM+ here.   I must have something configured amiss.

It appears that one can use both MMTTY and MMVARI within N1MM+.

When I set the Digital Interface to MMTTY, I now have that working properly, running FSK RTTY keying to my K3 using the EXTFSK module.   So that part’s all good.

However, if I then change the Interface on the Digital Interface Window to MMVARI, N1MM+ throws an error:

N1MMLogger.net - Version 1.0.7112.0
Built: 3/13/2018 7:30:24 AM
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.16299.0,64:1,en-US,en-US
Error occurred at: 3/18/2018 10:23:48 AM in Thread:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
   at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)

(I’ve sent off this email to the support team.)

An EXTFSK window appears complaining that COM1  (CW keying?) is NG (Red), and N1MM+ is locked up, and I must kill the process with Task Manager.

I would surely appreciate some help with this problem.

Thanks!

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC