Re: Macros triggered based on SO2R state changes [1 Attachment]

Matt Murphy

Excellent, thanks to Larry and Steve for the update.  I will update my script to utilize the new information. 

The one I wrote monitors the UDP traffic and switches the SPE 2K-FA's input to match the tx-focused radio instantly, so that the next transmission happens after the relays have had time to switch. 

I tried a few other approaches such as sending a key down macro to the K3 which causes the amp to detect and switch on its own, but that approach still resulted in the K3 seeing an undesirable load for a fraction of a second and backing off tx power.  I believe the recent firmware update to the K3 makes it more cautious with respect to power back-off when it senses a sub-optimal load. 

In any case, I'm hoping that my new script (which talks to the 2K-FA via USB serial) will make this happen a bit faster. I'm currently using a space character before the text of my CW macros to allow the relays time to switch.  

If anyone is using a 2K-FA for SO2R and would like a copy of my script, please let me know.

Matt NQ6N

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 9:10 AM, 'Larry Gauthier (K8UT)' k8ut@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Larry Gauthier (K8UT) included below]

Matt,

Within today’s Latest Update is N2IC’s UDP ActiveRadioNr tag that tracks Tx Radio Focus (Thanks, Steve!). This enhancement enables SO2R tracking for Rx Focus, Tx Focus and Audio Switching using UDP packets.

Attached is a screenshot of my prototype application that runs on a Raspberry Pi and connects via WiFi to N1MM+ or DXLab’s Commander to provide SO2R switching, Band Decoding and Antenna Switching.

• 9:47:47  Radio 1 is on 3.55MHz with Rx Focus and its audio is connected to headphone Left channel
  • 9:48:48  Radio 2 is on 7.033MHz with Tx Focus, its audio is connected to headphone Right channel, and it controls the antenna relays with #3 and 13 activated
  • 9:48:32  Radio 2 has both Rx and Tx Focus. Audio is still split (“Stereo”) between Radio 1 [L] and Radio 2 [R]
  • 9:48:57  Radio 1 has both Rx and Tx Focus, and it controls the antenna relays with #2 and 12 activated. Both audio channels (“Mono”) are connected to Radio 1 [L] and [R]

-larry (K8UT)

Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:38 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Macros triggered based on SO2R state changes

Larry -- 

I just wrote a bit of code to work with the UDP data to do this, and realized that the FocusRadioNr seems to correspond to the RX focus, but that there does not seem to be an indication of which radio has TX focus.

Just wondering if there is a way to derive which radio has TX focus from the data streamed over UDP.

For the purpose I'm working on, I need to know which radio has TX focus and which has RX focus at all times.  Just want to verify whether this is possible.

Matt NQ6N

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:33 AM, 'Larry Gauthier (K8UT)' k8ut@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Matt,

>set up macros based on SO2R "events" like switching active radios, typing in the entry window, etc?
There is nothing inherent within N1MM+ that will provide the features you describe, but you may be able to accomplish them with some value-added tools.

Take a look at the data available via serial ports for SO2R operation, and the SO2R OTRSP macros within Function Key messages.
These were not intended for the scenario you describe, but you may be able to repurpose them to meet your needs.

You could also harvest SO2R status tags (RadioNr, FocusRadioNr, IsStereo) from the RadioInfo packets of network UDP broadcasts, and initiate external events based on those parameters.

Specifically per your message, “switching active radios” is a recognized event that triggers an SO2R output; “typing in the Entry Window” is not.

-larry (K8UT)

Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2017 2:19 AM
To: n1mmloggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Macros triggered based on SO2R state changes

Hello,

I finally got set up for SO2R and have the macros working as expected, except for one scenario:

I'm using the built-in SO2R switching in my SPE-2KFA amplifier, which uses a dedicated RX antenna input that is routed to the inactive radio when doing SO2R.

This works just fine except that the antenna I'm using for inactive radio RX benefits from a preamp (and I'd like to use the built-in preamp in the rig).

I'd like to have N1MM+ send ascii commands to the active and inactive radios to do this.

So far I have it working for the F1 key, but if I get a caller and start typing, the inactive radio becomes active and the preamp is still on, which is undesirable.

Advice on whether it's possible to use the existing macros to set this up would be much appreciated.

Also, is there a way to set up macros based on SO2R "events" like switching active radios, typing in the entry window, etc?  It would be very useful to be able to add these macros right into the function key file, such as:

F1,cq test de nq6n
F12, {wipe}
ACTIVERADIOCHANGE, {CATACTASC pr0;}

73, and thanks for the great software.

Matt NQ6N

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.