Re: Macros triggered based on SO2R state changes [1 Attachment]

Matt Murphy

Excellent, thanks to Larry and Steve for the update.  I will update my script to utilize the new information.

The one I wrote monitors the UDP traffic and switches the SPE 2K-FA's input to match the tx-focused radio instantly, so that the next transmission happens after the relays have had time to switch.

I tried a few other approaches such as sending a key down macro to the K3 which causes the amp to detect and switch on its own, but that approach still resulted in the K3 seeing an undesirable load for a fraction of a second and backing off tx power.  I believe the recent firmware update to the K3 makes it more cautious with respect to power back-off when it senses a sub-optimal load.

In any case, I'm hoping that my new script (which talks to the 2K-FA via USB serial) will make this happen a bit faster. I'm currently using a space character before the text of my CW macros to allow the relays time to switch.

If anyone is using a 2K-FA for SO2R and would like a copy of my script, please let me know.

73,
Matt NQ6N

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 9:10 AM, 'Larry Gauthier (K8UT)' k8ut@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Larry Gauthier (K8UT) included below]

Matt,

Within today’s Latest Update is N2IC’s UDP ActiveRadioNr tag that tracks Tx Radio Focus (Thanks, Steve!). This enhancement enables SO2R tracking for Rx Focus, Tx Focus and Audio Switching using UDP packets.

Attached is a screenshot of my prototype application that runs on a Raspberry Pi and connects via WiFi to N1MM+ or DXLab’s Commander to provide SO2R switching, Band Decoding and Antenna Switching.

  • 9:47:47  Radio 1 is on 3.55MHz with Rx Focus and its audio is connected to headphone Left channel
  • 9:48:48  Radio 2 is on 7.033MHz with Tx Focus, its audio is connected to headphone Right channel, and it controls the antenna relays with #3 and 13 activated
  • 9:48:32  Radio 2 has both Rx and Tx Focus. Audio is still split (“Stereo”) between Radio 1 [L] and Radio 2 [R]
  • 9:48:57  Radio 1 has both Rx and Tx Focus, and it controls the antenna relays with #2 and 12 activated. Both audio channels (“Mono”) are connected to Radio 1 [L] and [R]

-larry (K8UT)