Re: Macros triggered based on SO2R state changes

Matt Murphy

Larry --

I just wrote a bit of code to work with the UDP data to do this, and realized that the FocusRadioNr seems to correspond to the RX focus, but that there does not seem to be an indication of which radio has TX focus.

Just wondering if there is a way to derive which radio has TX focus from the data streamed over UDP.

For the purpose I'm working on, I need to know which radio has TX focus and which has RX focus at all times.  Just want to verify whether this is possible.

73,
Matt NQ6N

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:33 AM, 'Larry Gauthier (K8UT)' k8ut@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Matt,

>set up macros based on SO2R "events" like switching active radios, typing in the entry window, etc?
There is nothing inherent within N1MM+ that will provide the features you describe, but you may be able to accomplish them with some value-added tools.

Take a look at the data available via serial ports for SO2R operation, and the SO2R OTRSP macros within Function Key messages.
These were not intended for the scenario you describe, but you may be able to repurpose them to meet your needs.

You could also harvest SO2R status tags (RadioNr, FocusRadioNr, IsStereo) from the RadioInfo packets of network UDP broadcasts, and initiate external events based on those parameters.

Specifically per your message, “switching active radios” is a recognized event that triggers an SO2R output; “typing in the Entry Window” is not.

-larry (K8UT)