Re: Macros triggered based on SO2R state changes

Matt Murphy

Tom,

Thanks for the tip! I had a suspicion that the switching required the amp to be powered on to work properly, but I appreciate your advice based on the schematic.

73,
Matt NQ6N

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:37 AM, 'Tom Dixon' k5ax@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Hi Matt

Side comment regarding the 2K-FA.

Don't know how long you've had your 2K-FA, but just checking with you to verifiy that you know that with the

 power off, the SO2R antenna is defaulted to Input 2 (you called it the inactive rig).  You can actually use it like that, so if you have something

tied to the SO2R port,  I'm sure you know not to put out any R-F (with the Amp off).  If I am reading the schematic correctly, that may

damage your preamp.

Although, as you know, with the 2K-FA in STBY, when you transmit with Rig 2, the proper antenna is connected  by the CPU.