Macros triggered based on SO2R state changes

Matt Murphy

Hello,

I finally got set up for SO2R and have the macros working as expected, except for one scenario:

I'm using the built-in SO2R switching in my SPE-2KFA amplifier, which uses a dedicated RX antenna input that is routed to the inactive radio when doing SO2R.

This works just fine except that the antenna I'm using for inactive radio RX benefits from a preamp (and I'd like to use the built-in preamp in the rig).

I'd like to have N1MM+ send ascii commands to the active and inactive radios to do this.

So far I have it working for the F1 key, but if I get a caller and start typing, the inactive radio becomes active and the preamp is still on, which is undesirable.

Advice on whether it's possible to use the existing macros to set this up would be much appreciated.

Also, is there a way to set up macros based on SO2R "events" like switching active radios, typing in the entry window, etc?  It would be very useful to be able to add these macros right into the function key file, such as:

F1,cq test de nq6n
F12, {wipe}
ACTIVERADIOCHANGE, {CATACTASC pr0;}

73, and thanks for the great software.