Re: Disable F1 in S&P

ART SEARLE <w2nra@...>

I always set the S&P F1 to QRL

If you didn't intend Run mode you'd know right away. If you did intend run mode, QRL a good idea.

73, Art, W2NRA
SKCC #11634Sx5
N3ZN ZN-9A Paddles

On Feb 27, 2017, at 4:07 PM, nn4rb@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

Disable F1 in S&P

I mistakenly hit the F1 key when using the F2 as the exchange, because of fat finger or fatigue.  This can be a nuisance in Run mode, however in S&P mode this a major problem to get back into the game.

My fix is to edit the  key macro file with the following:

#   S&P Messages

# "&" doubled, displays one "&" in the button label

# F1 S&&P CQ,{TX} cq NAQP de {mycall} {mycall} CQ {RX}

F1 Disabled,

To go to run mode I then use the mouse to switch or use the Alt U shortcut key.

I failed to find a another way in the help files and searching, so I thought I would post this here for comments and others use.

Rick

NN4RB