Re: Carriage Returns and Spaces [1 Attachment]

Bill Conkling - NR4C

Many RTTY contested use two or more decode windows. The screen is only so high so they shrink each one down to three or four lines and stuff scrolls up fast.

...nr4c. bill

On Feb 26, 2017, at 3:13 PM, Joe nss@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

I never realized that the CR's were such a problem. May stop doing that now.
This is actually the first time I have ever heard of that being a problem.

My biggest gripe was everything jumbled together, so thought isolating things was a good idea.

I Guess Not.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 2/26/2017 1:43 PM, Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

This thread brings up a behavior I saw during the NAQP RTTY this weekend. It seems the "suppress multiple CR/LF" feature was not working in the MMTTY DI1 window. The 2Tone software was stripping the excess CR/LFs in the second half of the window as expected.

I thought there used to be a checkbox to engage this stripping function for MMTTY but I failed to find it. Or was this hard coded into N1MM+ or ???

There weren't many stations using excess CR/LF, but there were enough that I had to chase the information up the screen. Due to very limited laptop screen space, I can only display about 5 lines (10 total) for the two decoders. It doesn't take too many CR/LFs to scroll the information into oblivion!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On 2/26/2017 12:57 PM, Jim Brown k9yc@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

I consider carriage returns a really bad idea -- the last thing I want
is my decode window scrolling more than it already does on noise! It's
really frustrating chasing a call up the decode window, click on it, and
find myself calling CQ again because a CR moved it up and I missed it.
A space before and after your call and exchange are VERY important, CRs
are bad news. It's also frustrating to be slowed down when trying to
click on a call that's run together because there's no space before or
after.

73, Jim K9YC

--

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN