From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 6:17 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: Set up problem with FT50D

Hi Rich,

Sorry the title should have read FT450D (Yeasu). It doesnt matter which mode as its the same problem throughout and the CAT controller is a ZLP Electronics drs232cat. The digital software I am trying to use is MMVARI which is included with N1MM.

When I remove the audio cable from the PC and plug in the headphones, the tone that I can hear is exactly how it should be, which indicates to me that a setting in the software somewhere must be wrong. The main problems are that the rig is going into TX mode BUT the light isnt coming on on the digi interface, which seems strange in itself. The TX on the waterfall looks a though its working unyet the audio sounds terrible when listening on a scanner on the same frequency. So in a nutshell it is TXing but the audio is terrible and it isnt operating the digital interface as it should. I have eliminated all hardware possibilities as all this equipment works without a fault using other software, fldigi, JT65-HF HB9HQX 3.5, WSJT-X .......

The CAT is on COM4 and the interface is COM3

thankyou for replying, I hope this information can help a little in resolving this issue.

73 Kev - M6KNS