Re: ESM with external TNC (KAM) RTTY not working in RUN mode

Rick Ellison

Stephane..

When you press F1 and the Kam goes into CQ After CQ is finished and the Kam goes back to RX does the Kam display the cmd: indicator in the RX window??

73 Rick N2AMG

Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:44 PM
To: Claude Du Berger duberger.miousse81@... [N1MMLoggerplus]
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] ESM with external TNC (KAM) RTTY not working in RUN mode

Yes Claude. You are right.  I edited the macro according to the N1MM instructions in the digital configuration.  Like I said before, it works fine but ESM is not working as it should

Télécharger Outlook for Android

From: N1MMLoggerplus@... <N1MMLoggerplus@...> on behalf of Claude Du Berger duberger.miousse81@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...>
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2017 8:32:11 PM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] ESM with external TNC (KAM) RTTY not working in RUN mode

I have not used a TNC with N1MM for a long time but when I was using the SCS PTC had
to program something like TX and RX control, in my case it was CTRL-Y  i think, could it
be that ?

73, HNY
Claude VE2FK

Le 2017-01-02 à 20:05, Stéphane Montpetit ve2sg@... [N1MMLoggerplus] a écrit :

Yes, I can control the KAM in the digital window. When I start the program, I turn on the TNC, and I see:

then I type: RTTY in the window, and the TNC goes in RTTY 45 mode. All works OK exept ESM in run mode. ESM behaves correctly in s&p mode.

Stephane, VE2SG

Le 2017-01-02 à 17:31, 'Rick Ellison' rellison@... [N1MMLoggerplus] a écrit :

Stephane..

When you turn the KAM on do you see its initialize information on the screen?? And can you command the KAM from the digital window??

The reason I ask is before I connected my PK232 I tried to duplicate the problem. When doing so I received an error that the connected port had timed out and the routines that handle highlighting the buttons to send next never ran. It acted just as you mention. But once my TNC was connected and I could control it thru the digital window I had no trouble with the ESM sequence. So I am wondering if this is a port issue that is causing the ESM routines to not work correctly..

73 Rick N2AMG

Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2017 5:20 PM

I use a KAM and a USB com port (CH340) when it doesn't work. But the TNC works just fine with the digital interface of N1MM,, it's just the ESM in run mode that doesn't work. Running windows 10 PRO.

Stephane, VE2SG

Le 2017-01-01 à 10:48, 'Rick Ellison' rellison@... [N1MMLoggerplus] a écrit :

You say.

If I use a serial port via a Microham interface, all working good.

What are you using when it doesn’t work??

I have to dig out my PK232 to check this out. I’ll try to do this later today..

73 Rick N2AMG

Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2017 6:26 AM
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] ESM with external TNC (KAM) RTTY not working in RUN mode

Hi everyone,

I'm using ESM mode with an external TNC (KAM All modes), all setup of the digital interface is done according to the N1MM manual.

In S&P mode, ESM will behave normally, in all modes, but in RUN mode digital, the yellow highlight will never move to F3 and log it.

If I use a serial port via a Microham interface, all working good.

Aucun virus trouvé dans ce message.
Analyse effectuée par AVG - www.avg.fr
Version: 2016.0.7226 / Base de données virale: 4728/13691 - Date: 02/01/2017

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.